04 August 2009

Sunset on the Beach

We went to a beach to have dinner and let the children run around. They were excited to be in the water. We only let them go in up to their knees, and of course that ends up being higher than the knees. Then we said only up to their ankles, and that seemed to work pretty well. The children were jumping over the waves as they came in. Also, the children were collecting shells and treasures on the shore.

We lit a fire. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. We threw rocks into the water. We skipped stones. We had a great time being together. I spent the first little while with my youngest nephew picking up rocks and letting him throw them into the water. He loved it.

It was an excellent evening to be out on the water. The temperature was beautiful. It was a picture perfect evening, and the sunset added a perfect end to our evening.





Caleb wanted some pictures of the sunset so that he could paint them. We truly enjoyed being together.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Sounds like a very fun evening! It's beautiful there!

Creek Street looks a little riskay!

Natalie Erskine said...

How truly romantic...great photos to remember the evening by!

Ashley said...

I love those pictures...I hope you blow the first or second one up and frame it to hang in your bedroom!!! The colors are perfect for your room! ....and if you want the second shot I can totally photoshop it and lighten you too up and that one would be perfect!! Or last totally do the sillhouette shot!!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL maybe just do all 3 then since I cannot make up my mind..haha what about you?

Ashley said...

Okay I have decided I like the 3 one best...that sillhouette shot is the best one!!! I LOVE IT!