When Misty came to the hotel, Ty was having a little bit of a shy moment. We tried to warm him up, and I commented that I wish I had a ball. Misty thought about it and remembered that she had a ball in her car. I went out and got the ball and something that looked like a bat (I think it was a music shaker), and brought it in. We gave Ty the bat and the ball. He handed the ball to Brett to hold and wanted to hit it. Brett was a little nervous, so I pulled out a sleeve of plastic cups I was giving to Misty, and they used that as a tee. Ty loved hitting the ball, and my children loved fetching it for him.After a little of that we decided to go to dinner, so we drove to the mall where we found the Cheesecake Factory. Misty took two trips, so she dropped Caleb, Claire and me off first and we signed in. When she returned with Brett, Emily, and Eli, our table was up. We were seated at a big round table. It was nice so we could all see each other and visit.
Tyler was naming people at the table, and he would look at Brett and yell out to him, "BUTT." We got a chuckle out of it. It happened many times. Ty would be eating, look up and see Brett and call out to him, "BUTT." We all appreciated it.
While we were at dinner, Huck called from our hotel and started walking to the restaurant. Misty's husband, Phil, had finished his softball game, and was on his way to eat with us, too. We did, however, cut out dinner short because Eli (who had eaten too much) excused himself from the table to go to the bathroom and threw up. We ordered a couple of pieces of cheesecake to go, packed up the left overs, and headed out. We found Huck on the side of the road and picked him up, and Phil got to the cheesecake factory right after the first carload went back, so he picked up the second carload of Asays and took them back to the hotel. We visited for a little while longer and then said good-bye to Misty, Phil, and Ty. Phil was at the beginning of a softball tournament, and he had games the next day (congratulation Phil's team for winning the tournament yesterday), and we all had to be at the airport by about 6:00 a.m.
It was so fun to see Misty and Phil and finally meet Ty, who I feel like I know because Misty does such a great job with her blog.
Just an additional note: All of the little ones liked Uncle Butt. D would go to him and call him Uncle Butt. April made a club with Claire and Brett and they called it the ABC (April, Brett, Claire) Club. In fact, while we were sitting in the hotel with Huck, his phone rang and it was April. She was a little sad and sounded like she was crying. She told her dad that she missed him and then asked if she could talk to Uncle Brett. He convinced her to go and read a book for their club. They love their UNCLE BUTT!
1 comment:
Hooray! We finally made the blog! You have posted a ton since I last looked. J's look is priceless when you took the picture of his welt! Phil chuckled out load when he read the story (even though he had already heard it). I think it was when he got to the part about Brett just randomly laughing the next day about it!
I'm glad you got individual pictures of everyone at the lake - they are cute!
I heard about the lumberjack show. They were talking about it yesterday at dad's birthday dinner. SOmeone said it was nice because FINALLY all the kids could yell and scream all they wanted. Then someone else said, Yes, all the kids...and Dawn! =)
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. You are nice to have taken all the kids..without BUTT! I didn't know he wasn't with you on therapy day!
It was so good to see you! We're excited to have you out again!
Post a Comment