They brought home a bucket full of crabs, and Cody set up the stove outside to cook them.
He set up the pot, and we boiled them in salt water.
After they were done, there was a party in the garage eating crabs.
Then the next day we had to crack open the rest of the crabs and pull out the meat so that we could save it.
They also brought home some halibut, so my sister Heather made a superb halibut lasagna. In the Alaska book we read, it said that there were restarants that served sourdough bread that used starters from the early 1900's, and Brett was very excited about that. So, while we were at the grocery store, we found some sourdough, and I had Amber write "made with a starter from the early 1900's." He appreciated that, but asked if I had someone write it on the package.
3 comments:
I think I could happily live in Alaska with all that seafood! I am not so sure that DW could though.... ;)
Man - you've been busy on your blog...well, and in Alaska! Looks like lots of fun. I saw Joy yesterday and she said that the food was all amazing but that she was not a fan of the poor octopus you guys collected! =) She also failed to mention the butt juice! that's funny!
It's funny how the sous-chef became the chef. that's happened more than once around here! I'm glad the kids got a kick out of the walk-up window for ordering. How fun!
That must have been where amber slept - I see the box of tissues there! =)
See you tomorrow!
whew... I'm glad to see you have the great tasting crabs!
Post a Comment