06 August 2009

We Got Shrimp, Too!

After the crabs, we went out to pull the shrimp pots, that we left out way too long. They were dropped on Friday, and you should only leave them out for a day or two. It was pretty windy, so the boat was parked until halibut fishing on Monday, and halibut fishing was the other direction from the shrimp pots. Huck took the boat out with my parents, Joslyn, Joy, and me.

Dad and Joslyn on the ride out.

Some random thing on the boat.

Huck pulling the pots.

One of our finds.

Prepping the shrimp - grab the body right by the head, and then pull and twist.

Huck, Joy, and me de-heading the shrimp. Huck was much faster than we were. He was doing two or three for every on Joy and I were doing (collectively).

The sun out on the water.

Another beautiful sunset.

2 comments:

meredith said...

hey well we've got Spam made fresh here in our plant......

And I bet you are fishing illegally I'm sure those are illegal pots.... I just makes me feel so much better to think so... especially as i eat frozen fish here in MN.....

Dawn said...

ALL LEGAL!